Sorry I haven’t posted in short while, I have been quite busy catching up from the Christmas holidays and being a little bit to obsessed with call of duty MW2 so I thought ill do a post on how YOU can earn a bit more from Adsense and make your websites pay for itself.
The steps are quite easy and shouldn’t take long at all but feel free to comment below if you think I have missed something out. Remember this article is a no frills and simply covers the basics:
1. Picking a product Keyword
- Picking a niche that you like is better than picking a niche that has the highest payout, the main reason is that you can quite easily right up a article about a “Bongos” for example but you will easily get bored and if you get bored then your traffic drops. Make sure you pick something that will be of interest to you so you can keep your interest and keep the content fresh.
If you really are stuck then look my article on finding a niche
2. Finding the right long tail keywords
- Long tail keys are also vital to the future of your adsense income – This is when people search for a term i.e. “How to play bongos” so you use your main keyword “bongos” as well as How, Play.
Read my article on finding longtail keywords
3. Researching your Competition and CPC
- This is where Google can be your friend by taking advantage of Googles keyword tool to check out how many people are searching for a certain keyword and also find out how much a keyword could be worth per click. I tend to only pick keywords that are over a $1 else its just not worth it.
4. Choose a simple and easy to use theme or template.
- Only use simple themes for your blog or website that are easy to use, not cluttered with adverts and defiantly do not have tool bars and popups as this really does affect your traffic.
5. Write about 300-400 words of content on your product
- Write about 3/400 words in a article about your product, try not to go over board as people get bored of the article is to long.
6. Build 20-40 backlinks weekly
- Even though article marketing seems to be slowing down as the market is flooded with low quality articles that have been spun over and over again, you can get some good strong backlinks from Ezine and other article directories. You must make sure not to use the same articles from your website as your site will then have duplicate content. Other options are blog commenting and forum signatures to help build up the backlinks in a timely manner!
That’s pretty much it to setting up your website for adsense