It’s no secret that the adult internet businesses are pioneers of most of the Internet business advances. Did you know that the first affiliate program was created by an adult webmaster? What’s more, many of the traffic generating and marketing techniques used by major mainstream websites were first developed on and for adult web sites.
You see, adult webmasters are a few steps ahead of the webmasters from other industries – often months, even years ahead. One of the area they have mastered is traffic generation.
Do you remember the toplist sites (they are pretty much obsolete today)? Yeah, those were pioneered and perfected in the adult industry.
Another example: Remember the struggling Entrecard? Yup – it was the concept developed in the adult industry.
Here’s another one: MySpace – it took the idea for friend’s pages from the adult world and incorporated them into their MySpace page layout.
One last example: Have you visited those landing pages (e.g. Clickbank’s products) that pop up sales messages even if you hit the back button or about to close your browser tab? Yup – it’s pioneered and perfected in the adult industry. And much, much more examples.
A question – why adult webmasters are more advanced (and proactive) compared to the mainstream (non-adult) webmasters? One answer: Adult webmasters share traffics (a.k.a. traffic exchange) and share traffic generation secrets among them way, way much more than their mainstream counterparts. Maybe it is time for us mainstream webmasters to stop competing and start sharing traffic and traffic secrets!
And here’s a myth-buster: Successful adult webmasters use white hat methods of traffic generation, and even though they incorporate SEO and link building, both are NOT their number one priority. Again, the priority is on traffic generation.
One of the traffic generation methods born and perfected in the adult industry is PPV or pay per view marketing.
The much touted PPV marketing today is, indeed, developed and perfected by the adult webmasters. Guides to PPV have been very popular these days, and it’s clearly NOT born yesterday – it’s been around for years in – guess where – the adult industry. PPV is said the most effective way to rake in 80% of total Internet traffic (the rest 20% traffic is from all search engines, including Google.)
PPV ads are usually pop-unders, and are displayed when you visit participated PPV sites. The right sites to display the ads and a strong call-to-action are the keys in getting the most clicks of your ads – this done wrong will leave you with no or minimal clicks; this done right will leave you with $$$ and an astonishing return on your investment and a reason to forget Google AdWords and the likes.
What to do next?
You can start learning more about PPV and looking for the right PPV ad network to join.
As PPV guide, I recommend you this guide: Rapid Mass Traffic. You’ll learn from the guide on how to get massive amount of traffic without Google and SEO – even without a website (spoiler: It’s all about PPV!) – click here to peep what’s inside Rapid Mass Traffic.
One of the largest PPV ad networks is Clicksor. Signing up is free, and you can start to advertise on targeted sites or display PPV ads on your sites right away – click here to sign up as Clicksor publisher.